Physicians Health Choice-branded plans will not be offered for the 2014 plan year. This website covers 2013 plan information. Please refer to the plan information section for more details. For information about 2014 plans that might meet your patients’ Medicare coverage needs, please visit www.UHCMedicareSolutions.com. Those who are eligible to enroll in a 2013 Physicians Health Choice plan may do so until December 1, 2013.
OptumRx provides convenient service and savings for your patients’ maintenance medications.
1. Your patient’s order enters their fulfillment system.
2. A pharmacist reviews their information for drug interactions, allergies and dosage.
3. After the prescription is dispensed, another pharmacist reviews their medication for accuracy after it is dispensed.
4. Their medication is sealed and placed in a confidential, tamper-evident package.
5. Their prescriptions are mailed to them and they are notified when it has been shipped.
Visit www.optumrx.com to review your patients’ potential savings with the drug pricing tool, or take a video tour of the OptumRx™ Mail Service Pharmacy. This tutorial is full of information and tips to help your patients manage their medications, order refills and transfer their prescriptions from retail to mail service.
Your patients are not required to use OptumRx to obtain a 90-day supply of their maintenance medications, but they may pay more out-of-pocket compared to using OptumRx, their plan's Preferred Mail Service Pharmacy.
New prescriptions should arrive within ten business days from the date the completed order is received by the Mail Service Pharmacy. Completed refill orders should arrive in about seven business days. OptumRx will contact your patient if there will be an extended delay in the delivery of their medications.
OptumRx is an affiliate of UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company.
The documents on our website are presented in PDF format. Click Here to install Adobe Acrobat.